Friday, April 30, 2010

Leaving Nairobi for DR Congo

Have had a great conference with African and Australian community and
church leaders, forming key strategic alliances and partnerships. Now
on to Kinshasa in DR Congo for a youth conference at the University
there. I won't be speaking - I'm travelling with some very learned
people who will do that, but I'll sing a song or two. Music is a huge
part of African culture so it's a great inroad. There's a children's
home there that I'm very keen to check out, so hopefully I'll spend a
day or two there next week. We really don't know what's happening from
day to day - our hosts probably have plans for us but from previous
experience we're generally not advised what they are!!

I'm at Nairobi airport at Java House enjoying a good coffee and free
wifi! :)
I'm not sure what access to Internet I'll have in Congo but I'll be
back in Nairobi on Wednesday night so hopefully will update then.

As previously advised, mac harddrive crashed so I'm glad I have my
iPhone!

No comments: